Breast augmentation surgery has become popular these days. With the growing demand of clients, the technology used for breast enhancement surgery has progressed significantly. With this, doctors work hard to make breast augmentation recovery time as comfortable as possible for all of their patients.
There are many tools and tips for remaining comfortable and stress free when you are recovering after such a surgery. There are aids you can employ that help to minimize the side effects caused by the surgery. Here are some helpful tips for helping you recover quickly from your breast augmentation procedure:
The 5 Tips For Quick Recovery
- Medicines for Nausea: It is common to feel nauseated during the breast augmentation recovery period.
In the past, doctors did not recommend the use of anti-nausea medicine before or after the surgery.
But now, with advancements in technology, doctors suggest anti-nausea drugs like Zofran and Phenegran to reduce the occurrence of nausea.
- Skin Creams: Breast augmentation surgery leads to swelling, redness and discoloration of the breasts.
This usually occurs because of the stretching of the skin during the implant procedure. Although these symptoms subside after a few weeks, doctors also can prescribe effective skin creams and lotions to deal with swelling, tenderness and discoloration.
- Anti-Sensitivity Pads: Many women suffer from sensitive and erect nipples after breast augmentation surgery. Nowadays, doctors recommend nursing pads to prevent sensitivity in the nipples.
- Scar Reduction: Many women experience scars on their breasts caused by the necessary incisions made during the surgery.
Doctors recommend that patients protect their scars from sunlight.
If necessary, you can wear sunscreen to prevent your scars from getting worse. Doctors also prescribe surgical tape and topical gels to reduce the appearance of scars.
- Special Garments: Breasts usually become sore, hard and sensitive after breast augmentation surgery.
Special garments are recommended for patients during breast augmentation recovery time to help reduce swelling and to make the breasts look normal.
Vests, wraps, bras and foam garments are various types of special clothes that can help make your recovery time more comfortable.
After Breast Augmentation Recovery: What You Need to Know
Although doctors try to make the surgery and breast augmentation recovery period as simple as possible, there are things that you should know.
- Be A Patient With Patience: Breast augmentation surgery is not a simple procedure. It requires time to recover from the surgery.
While there definitely are differences in complications among the various breast augmentation surgeries, even the simplest breast lift is a critical surgical procedure.
That simply means that it has risks that may crop up if everything does not go as planned.
- Talk To Your Doctor: The amount of time required for breast augmentation surgery depends on the type of surgery you undergo and the expertise of the surgeon.
Talk to your doctor before your procedure, so you know what to expect. Generally, larger breast augmentation surgical procedures are difficult to perform and have a longer recovery period.
On the other hand, minor corrective surgeries often require only a week of recovery time.
What To Expect From The Breast Augmentation Recovery Process
Immediately after breast augmentation surgery, your recovery process will start. It is essential to take good care of yourself during this period to make sure that your body heals properly. Here are certain things that you should expect for a few weeks after the surgery:
Just After The Surgery
- You will feel very tired and drained for many days after the breast surgery, so ensure you get adequate rest.
- You may have a feeling of tightness around your breast, since the skin is adjusting to the new breast size and implants.
- There may be sensitivity in your breasts and nipples just after the surgery.
Your doctor will prescribe breast massage and other exercises to help relieve any discomfort you may experience.
- While you heal from soreness and sensitivity of the breasts, your surgeon may ask you to wear a post-operative bra, jogging bra or compression bandage to support your breasts.
If your breasts are very tender, your doctor may advise you to avoid wearing a bra for a time following the surgery.
- If the surgery is simple, you may be allowed to resume your work a few days after the surgery.
For The Next Few Weeks
- Don’t take part in any strenuous activities that involve the use of your arms and chest, since it could increase your blood pressure and pulse rate.
- Your breasts may remain tender, swollen and sensitive to physical touch for more than a month after the surgery.
- If you experience any redness, swelling or fever after a breast augmentation surgery, you should consult your doctor immediately.
What Is Flash Recovery Breast Augmentation?
Flash recovery breast augmentation is a technique that works to lessen the recovery time and discomfort caused by breast augmentation surgery.
According to experts, there are certain tips patients can follow to reduce the recovery time significantly.The aim is to create a sub-muscular pocket for the breast implant that results in much less trauma. Doctors use heat dissection to create a sub-muscular pocket that that causes little bleeding.
When patients undergo quick flash recovery breast augmentation, they are able to carry out daily activities such as brushing their hair, taking a shower or going for a walk within twenty four hours of the surgery.
What You Should Know About Breast Augmentation Recovery
Your surgeon may convince you that you will be able to resume work just a few days after the breast augmentation surgery. However, this is not true in many cases. You may be able to move in the first couple of weeks, but it might take a month to get complete relief from the pain in your chest. Your doctor will administer pain relief medicine to stop the pain.
The pain is severe for the first few weeks and you won’t be able to feel normal without taking painkillers. To sum it up, breast augmentation recovery can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to a month. If the surgery is major and complicated, the recovery time could take even more time.
So, Are You Scared?
It is normal to be scared of surgery, especially if you are going under the knife, just for cosmetic reasons.
If you are uncomfortable with the idea of breast augmentation surgery, consider using natural breast augmentation supplements from TotalCurve.
These natural supplements are safe, effective and affordable. What’s more, you can enjoy amazing results without undergoing any surgery and the subsequent painful and lengthy recuperation.
There is no need for you to have to deal with an uncomfortable breast augmentation recovery period.