Although the decision to get breast implants may be easy for women with small breasts, the size of the implant is a tougher decision for them. The best thing to do is to arm yourself with information, and then work with your doctor to make this all-important choice.
Breast implant sizes are available from 100 to 1000 cubic centimeters. One cubic centimeter is equal to one milliliter, or about 0.3 ounces. The most common sizes range from 300 to 400 cc. They also differ in accordance with their diameter and height. With so many breast implant sizes, finding the right one is not as easy as it sounds.
It’s not the a good idea to tell your doctor you want a breast implant similar to that of the model you saw in a magazine. Research indicates that most corrective breast implant surgeries are revision procedures done to revise initial breast implant sizes.
According to experts, most breast implant re-surgeries are for increasing the breast implant size, as many women often select a smaller size initially, because they are worried about their altered look.
Once they embrace their new look and receive positive comments, they return to their surgeon for a bigger breast implant.
Breast Implant Sizes: What to Consider
There are many things you should consider when deciding what breast implant sizes would be perfect for you. Not every implant size may fit every woman. Below are a few of the options to consider before making your final choice:
The 3 Factors to Consider:
- Your Body Type: If you are normally a lean person with smaller breasts, you may want to think carefully before you choose a breast implant size.
If you are considering opting for a larger breast size implant, be prepared for men to treat you differently.
If you are not comfortable with this kind of attention, you may have to settle for medium sized breast implants.
Your confidence, attitude and approach to embracing things will help you decide the right breast implant size for you. If you are undecided, you can have a discussion with women who have undergone breast implant surgery. Your doctor will also be able to help you considerably during the consultation.
- Your Shape: Your body shape also defines what type of breasts will suit you.
Women with a strong build can easily carry large sized breasts, because larger breasts are heavier.
Some lean women who get large breast implants usually suffer from back pain and even consider an implant reduction to alleviate the pain.
Thus, women with a smaller frame should decide on a breast size that is appropriate for their body type.
The same breast implant size may look too small for a woman of bigger build. A “C” cup is more preferable for a woman with a thin body.
However, a “C” cup would be barely noticeable on a bigger woman, who may want to have “D” or “DD” sized breast implants. If you are sure of the look you want to achieve with breast implant surgery, you will have a better chance of choosing the right size.
- Your Age: Age is another deciding factor for women who are choosing a size from the variety of breast implant sizes. During pregnancy, your breasts may grow a few sizes and then shrink back after delivery. If you want to wait for your pregnancy, you can get the desired size of breast implant.
This will also help you avoid having more surgery after delivery in order to make your breasts look as they looked before. If you plan to breastfeed in the future, you need to discuss that with your doctor to find a breast implant size that is most suitable.
Breast Implant Sizes: Some More Effective Tips
Here are some effective ways to find the right size from the numerous breast implant sizes:
- Openly discuss with your surgeon about the breast implant size you desire, so that he knows what you are aiming for.
- You can choose pictures from magazines and show these to your surgeon. Ensure that the body profile of the models you choose matches with yours.
- Bra cup size is not the right measurement to use when choosing from the many breast implant sizes. Cup size may be different among various bra manufacturers.
- Many surgeons have breast implant samples to help clients decide the size that suits their body.
These implants go inside the bra to give a natural look.
You can do the same thing at home.
Fill a zip lock bag with a measuring cup full of rice. One cup usually measures 235 cc. Wear this bag in your bra.
After wearing the rice bags in your bra, you will have a good idea of what size will suit you perfectly.
- Maintain realistic goals. Bigger is not always better. Very large breast implants may take away your natural beauty. Also, they are more prone to sagging and may give you an unpleasant appearance. The best advice is to choose breast implants that will look natural and in proportion with your body.
Choosing The Right Breast Shape
When it comes to choosing your breast shape, there are two alternatives – a teardrop implant and a round implant. A round implant is circular and looks like a half circle.
A teardrop implant helps to create more natural looking breasts as they are larger on the bottom than the top.
Your surgeon will take into account the amount of breast tissue your body already has. Round breast implants work well for women who have more than 2 cm of natural breast tissue.
This is because there will be around one centimeter of natural breast tissue over the implant, which will naturally look like a teardrop after the surgery. For women with less than two centimeters of natural breast tissue, the teardrop implant is best, as it will have a more natural appearance.
Your doctor is the most qualified person to recommend the right breast implant size and shape. However, the decision will ultimately be yours. It is important to note that it is your personal choice. There are no right or wrong breast implant sizes.
These are some of the considerations that you might want to look into when finding the right breast implant size. Ultimately, the only thing that matters is that you are comfortable, happy and confident with the way your high profile breast implants look.