After taking a shower, you scramble over your wardrobe to find the perfect bra that will complement your outfit. You finally get a hold of one. You try it on; you shift it sideways, upwards and down, just to accommodate your breasts because one is smaller than the other. After finding the most comfortable position, you put your cute top on, but unfortunately, even the perfect bra can’t hide the obvious.
Uneven cup sizes can break any woman’s confidence. If you are one of the women suffering from this problem, know that you are not alone.
Breast asymmetry or uneven breasts affects almost half of the female population. This condition is far from serious and can normally occur due to several reasons.
Breastfeeding mothers tend to have uneven breasts after failing to utilize both breasts equally, and also because sometimes the baby prefers one side over the other. Other reasons include the uneven distribution of body fats and fluid due to improper body alignment, left or right-hand dominance and hormonal imbalances.
Apart from the removal of the breast due to breast cancer, uneven breasts are one of the main reasons many women undergo breast augmentation. However, surgery is not always the best and safest option. If you want to correct your lopsided bust, try these five remedies at home first and you may get the results you are looking for.
1. Work Out The Breast Muscles
Although the breast tissues are mostly made of body fat, toning down the muscles in the chest area can help you achieve firmer breasts.
First, exercise the pectoralis major with chest presses.
- With a light dumbbell in one hand approximately two to five pounds,lie on your back with your body flat on the bench.
- Bend your knees at a 45-degree angle with your feet flat on the bench.
- Slightly pull your lower abdomen towards your spine to avoid injury on your lower back during the exercise.
- If your right breast is smaller than your left breast, hold the dumbbell in your right hand and place your left palm on the sternum or the space between your breasts.
- Let your right hand rest on your right side parallel to your body, and then bend the elbow at a 90-degree
- Extend your right arm upwards slightly,slanting before flexing it again as you lower your arm down. You should be able to feel the pectoralis major muscle contract with your left hand placed above the sternum.
Start slowly and work up until you can perform three sets of at least eight reps daily.
Next, exercise the pectoralis minor with a single arm dumbbell fly.
Remain lying on the bench with your previous body position with the light dumbbell still on your right arm. Do not forget to engage your lower abdomen.
- Shift your left palm from the sternum to the far right side in between your armpit and collarbone.
- Start with the 90-degree elbow bent with your right arm forming a straight line with the shoulders.
- Bring the dumbbell above the center of your chestand lower your arm again.
- Stop for a second before raising the dumbbell back to your chest.
Start slowly and make it a goal to be able to perform three sets of at least eight reps.
Lastly, exercise the entire chest for a balanced size.
Lie on your back on a foam roller with knees bent and feet flat against the foam.
- Engage your lower abdomen.
- Put your palms together on your chest, and then bring them above your head almost touching the foam or floor.
- Work up to10
- While you’re still on the floor, raise both hands above your head and lift your upper body slightly.
- Bring one elbow to the opposite side of your trunk and do the same with the other elbow.
- Do this 10 times before going back to your main position.
2. Body Wraps
Increasing the size of your smaller breast without breast augmentation may take longer than reducing the size of your bigger breast.
A body wrap can effectively help you with this. Get the help of an expert, or religiously follow the instructions on the body wrap you buy for use at home.
You will use the body wrap only on the bigger breast. Changes in size are noticeable after a few treatments, so be sure not to use it consecutively. Twice a week will do, so you can closely monitor any changes and avoid unlikely results.
Giving your breast a massage will help improve blood flow and stimulate the production of prolactin.
If your goal is to even out the breasts, you can massage the smaller breast alone or massage both, but do it twice as much on the smaller one.
Warm up your palms by rubbing them together. The warmth can improve blood circulation. If your right breast is smaller, use your right palm. Then start massaging in an inward and downward circular motion. Apply light pressure only.
You can also use flaxseed or sesame oil during the massage because their warmth further enhances blood circulation. Plus, they contain compounds that can help encourage breast growth.
4. Breast Hydrotherapy
Hydrotherapy is one of the latest natural remedies on enhancing the busts’ appearance.
Exposing your breasts to hot and cold water alternately stimulates blood circulation in the skin resulting in increased production of collagen responsible for keeping the skin firm.
Thus, you’ll get firmer breasts. Hydrotherapy is so easy to do and does not require any special tools.
- After showering, set the water to slightly warm and let it flow over your smaller breast for at least a minute.
- Set your shower to the coldest temperature you can handle and let the cold water flow over your breast for 30 seconds.
- Repeat twice or three times and end it with cold water.
You can do this once a day and always remember that the duration of warm water should be longer than the cold.
5. Balance Workload
Sometimes hand dominance plays a part in uneven breasts. If you are right-handed, you tend to use the right hand and arm often in light and heavy activities.
Constant strain on the right arm contributes to the development of chest muscles on the right side. Thus, your right breast is firmer than the left.Be sure to distribute workload evenly to both your right and left arms.
6. Topical Products
It’s almost impossible to find a diet that can even out lopsided breasts. You don’t have to go to that extent.
Apart from massage oils, there are topical products specially formulated to stimulate breast growth.
One of the most effective massage gels is the TotalCurve Firming and Lifting gel. It has a special called Volufiline proven to increase breast size significantly in two months.It also comes with a TotalCurve supplement. When used together you will achieve fast and satisfying result.
Apart from small breasts, uneven breasts are another reason women want to undergo breast augmentation. Before exposing yourself to a risky procedure, try these six home remedies first and you may be pleasantly surprised. You don’t have to struggle with uneven breasts any longer.